Grading Criteria: Total of 70 points possible
1) Tags: (10 points)
Use embedded HTML or technorati tags:
<a href=”http://technorati.com/tag/CS292” rel=”tag” class=”techtag”>CS292</a>
I suggest that you get a free blog tool such as BlogDesk on Windows or on the Macintosh utilize the Flock which facilitates tagging.
2) By-line / name in the top text of the blog entry (10 points)
3) Grammar / Spelling (10 Points)
4) Subjective Assessment (30 points)
5) On Topic Assigned (10 points)
What Might Lower a Blog Grade
Make basic spelling or grammar errors: The blog is actually less forgiving on errors of omission – as more people read and form opinions more quickly based upon minor errors, it was worth a few extra minutes to step back and then re-read – I speak from vast experience of moving too quickly on my posts.
- “Once Britomart enters through the moat of lames …”
- “suspician” instead of suspicion
- “the task to create our own gamspace” [game space]
- “the Recrosse knight and Britomart tear up the six nights” [Redcrosse and knights…] — these sort of errors show hurried writing
- “The duel controls will always a player …” [dual]
Write awkward sentences: Easy to do, so be careful with this.
- “Britomart only has to look a direction, and someone runs by who falls morally beneath her.” [awkward sentence rendering it difficult to understand]
- “flow through their blades and into their opponents the HP bars.”
Not checking Facts: example: Citing Ronald Dahl instead of Roald Dahl
Not signing your pseudonym or name within the blog entry.
Not spacing between paragraphs or making the entry less than visually appealing to a potential reader.
Not making a point or rambling in apparent aimlessness.